Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We're all okay

I've received a couple of emails from out-of-state friends regarding the earthquake today. The epicenter was about five miles northeast of Yorba Linda...we live right next to YL. It was a 5.4 which is a really good, medium size quake....strong enough to cause things to fall off of shelves and walls.

For my youngest, this was their first earthquake. I was in Wal-Mart with all 5 kiddos when the ground started to roll and I started to pull the kids into me as I waited to see if the quake was going to get bigger or not. It definitely got bigger and people started screaming and running through the story...NOT a good idea! Things were flying off the shelves. We happened to be in the candle aisle...not the best place to be during an earthquake. There was glass breaking all around us. I kept looking around and tried to scoot us back into a safer spot. You just never know how long they will last or how strong they will get. Once everything settled down, a sweet lady came running down the aisle to check on us. She said she remembered passing us in the store earlier and all she could think of was finding us and making sure we were okay.

My precious 'I' was terrified. I couldn't get him to stop crying :( He cried the whole way home and hasn't left daddy's side since (praise the Lord daddy was working from home today). The girls didn't seem too bothered by it. I am soooo proud of my older 2. Everything happened so fast but big brother was on the ball. He grabbed 'I' and held him and kept asking if the babies were okay. Mommy was a little shaken but more out of fear of 'how am I going to keep all my babies safe'. I've lived in So. Cal. my whole life so I'm pretty use to earthquake's and have no problem staying calm. But the realization that I only had two arms and 5 kiddos worried me!! We had an awesome saftey talk when we got home so I think that has helped to calm everyone.

Love ya guys!!

We live within all the red dots :)

1 comment:

Cheri said...

So glad your safe and that all your kiddo's are too. Kuddo's to your oldest for being such a big help! Praying that you don't have any more for quite some time.