Friday, October 23, 2009

147 Million....

One Hundred Forty MILLION ORPHANS....this number absolutely HAUNTS me! I find myself constantly grasping at how can I help...not being able to clearly see what the Lord wants me to do but knowing that I am to do something to help these precious children.

I watch this video and weep. I weep at the sight of so many children in one place...so many children with out mommies and daddies. So many babies without the simple necessities like food, clean water, a safe place to live. The ULTIMATE need...these babies needing to know about our Jesus!!

I just simply can't comprehend that...I can't fully process not having a mommy to hold me and rock me to sleep...a daddy who loves me and provides my every need...a family who cares about ME...who would notice if I was missing, hurting, needing, or sick...oh how my heart aches as I try to fathom how many children need their FOREVER mommies and daddies.

Drawn From Water, Adopt from Drawn From Water on Vimeo.

Guys...we are talking about 147,000,000...OVER ONE HUNDRED FORTY SEVEN MILLION children that are in DYER NEED!!! As Christians we are very clearly called to "Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows." Isaiah 1:17 AND "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice." Proverbs 31:8-9

It's time to speak up, stand up, and be used...time to be obedient to God's clear calling to care for these children. If God's people won't answer that call, then who will?

Father, guide us...show us how you want to use us! We want to be obedient...oh Father, show me...please show me!!!

2 comments:

trina said...

Hey Girlfriend! I've missed you. I could have written your post. My heart hurts for the orphans...all I think about most days...and how I search and pray for direction. He's speaking. We listen. We pray a lot. We respond..and then you know your purpose in life. I want to do more.

Hezra said...

it is odd to me, that I sometimes feel I hear the cries of orphans from across the world, and then see children in our own country needing loving homes. Even children in our own town with parents who seem to wish they weren't parents. I get lost in that. I want to take them all, but know I can't. I ache for them not knowing a mothers touch and a fathers love, or mostly, THE Fathes love. It just crushes me that my own mom will say such callous things(without meaning to hurt) about, "there are so many important things to be concerned about right here! Why go around the world?" I get depressed, and feel like I am all alone in this care and concern for strangers. I pray . A lot. Then I feel comforted when I read posts like this and think I am NOT alone. Thank you. :-) That is the important part. I even told God when he brought up our adoption from El S*l. "God, I can't change the world for every orphan there. What is the point of going?" He said,"You can change the WHOLE world for these two and that is all I ask" I was humbled to tears. He is right. He will call, ask and direct each of us to do something. Right now, these two are my something. 147 million minus 2 might not change the numbers a lot for scientists, but I guarantee you it will change them for my girls. Every step that follows His way is progress. love you, sister!