Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A precious vacation

We just got home from a wonderful vacation to San Diego. We had an absolute blast with my sister and her family!! Truly a beautiful time together as a family.

This vacation was extra sweet for me. FLASHBACK to May 2007:: You see in the middle of May last year we went to the same resort for a vacation. We had that vacation planned long before we knew what the future held for our precious C's referral. With extremely sad and heavy hearts, we packed our 4 kiddos in the car and headed to San Diego with the hopes of receiving good news regarding our baby girl. On May 1st, we had received the joyous news that we had been matched with our precious C. On May 15th, we received the devastating news that CCAA had requested her file back because her VSD had apparantly healed and she was no longer considered a sn's child. They wanted her file back so they could refer us a different sn's child. I will share more about this in a few weeks!!!!

FLASHFORWARD:: Words can't even explain the joy I had when (just about one year later) I watched our little miracle step foot on that beach...the very beach that I prayed and wept at over her.

My precious Lord, I am in awe of all you have done for our family! I am so undeserving of your priceless gifts!!

MORE PICTURES TO COME IN A FEW DAYS :)

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh how our Lord can do amazing things! I'm so happy things turned out the way they did for you!

My Blessed Life said...

How awesome is our God.

Lizard said...

Hi there-I found you through Cheri H.'s blog. We live in San Jose, CA. Where are you guys located??

I love your pictures of your beautiful family!!

Unknown said...

Welcome to my blog Lizard. We are in Southern California (anaheim/anaheim hills area). I just love Cheri..she's too sweet.

I'm going to check out your blog now :)

JMCS said...

Thanks Stacy! I will definitley tell them you said congrats. I love the individual posts you are doing for each child. They are so adorable. Did you see you won the pillowcase dress on Cheri's blog? Congrats! :)

Hugs,
JOnni

JMCS said...

Cheri lives just a town or so away from me. Isn't it cool how close we all are in bloggyland?

Hugs,
Jonni

Erica said...

What an amazing gift. Perfect miracle. Beautiful little girl. I miss you too. As I wore my sweet boy the other day I was telling him about who loaned his wrap. Lets chat soon. And yes, I'll bring my camera when we come visit and we'll tackle the kids. :)

Ceci said...

Stacy,
I haven't been getting your emails. I know I had written you a while back asking how things were going because I had been lacking in my writing you. But hadn't heard anything and didn't research why I hadn't. We are soon going to have Vonage and I will be able to call you without worrying what the phone bill will be. :-) Hope all is well.
-Ceci

Eileen said...

Hi, I found your blog through your signature on the Yunnan yahoo group. We have 1 homegrown son and 2 daughters from China, the youngest is from Kunming. She was SN, also a heart condition - ASD - but we found out when we got home she either never had it or the holes closed on their own. Anyway, I'm also a Christian homeschooling mom. Nice to meet you! I can't wait to hear "the rest of your story".

JMCS said...

God is good my friend. I am so happy that Cana is home where she belongs. :)

Hugs,
JOnni